March 15, 2021

4 Amazing Keys to Dental Implant Success

Filed under: Uncategorized — dr_cheng @ 9:58 pm
couple smiling after dental implants success

You’re having a tooth removed, and it needs to be replaced. You do your due diligence, research your options, and quickly find out that dental implants are usually the most recommended treatment. But then, you’re surprised to discover that even 20 years after being placed, about 95 percent of implants are still successful. How do implants achieve these kinds of numbers? Read on to learn the keys to dental implant success and why you should seriously consider them!

Implants Replace the Missing Root

While traditional bridges and dentures only address the crown, implants go a step further and replace the entire structure of the lost tooth. Instead of relying on suction or the teeth around the gap, implants act just like natural roots and are embedded in the jawbone. This gives your replacement teeth much more security and stability than you can get with other replacement options, meaning you can talk, laugh, and smile with confidence.

Implants Keep the Jawbone Strong

Did you know that when a tooth root is lost the jawbone loses density? The body resorbs that tissue, weakening the jaw and altering facial shape over time. That’s why so many denture wearers have a sunken look to their profile. However, because implants replicate natural roots, the jawbone stays stimulated and continues to provide strong support for your bite.

Implants Are Easy to Maintain

If you’ve ever worn dentures, you’ve probably dealt with the frustrations that come along with these replacements. Every night your dentures need to be soaked and brushed to prevent plaque buildup, and you may need to remove them throughout the day if bits of food get stuck between your gums and dentures. Implants, however, do not require this kind of maintenance. You can basically treat them like normal teeth—just brush and floss them every day and visit your dentist for regular checkups and cleanings.

You Can Eat Anything with Implants

Although better than nothing at all, dentures alone do a relatively poor job of restoring your biting ability. In fact, dentures only bring back about 30 percent of your original biting power. On the other hand, implants restore about 70 percent. This means that, once your implants become integrated with the jawbone and then restored, you can enjoy all of your favorite foods like corn on the cob, crunchy carrots, and crisp apples.

Ultimately, you can decide whether a dental implant could be a smart choice for your replacement tooth, but it’s pretty hard to ignore how successful this treatment is and all the benefits that implants provide. That’s why you need to talk to your dentist about your options to determine which one is right for your smile!  

About the Practice

At Fort Dental, our highly trained and skilled dentists are proud to offer full implant services right here in our Fort Worth office. Each comes from a unique professional background, but they share the same goal: patient satisfaction. In other words, you can expect to be treated with compassion and respect at every visit. Would you like to talk to one of our dentists about dental implants? You can contact Fort Dental through our website or by calling 817-292-5957.